Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Specific objectives from a growth sustained: Blogging goals

"When you started blogging for money, what amount of traffic were you aiming for?

It is a question of me recently in a conversation by a newest blogger. They called because they were defective to come with a number of target, which they knew that they could become a blogger to full-time.

As I reflected on the first days of my own blog business, I realized that I never had a purpose like this. My goal has never been a certain amount of traffic, or even a certain amount of money.

My objectives were still more on increasing the readers of my blog (and income) by a certain percentage of each month. The percentage that I was aiming for varies somewhat over time, but the goal was a long period of time, sustained growth.

I realized at the beginning, even if my first blogs had relatively small drives and levels of income, if I could increase traffic and revenues of 10-20% per month over a year - or even longer - resume the idea of "exponential growth".

Here are the calculations that were behind my goals.

From the beginning I earn $10 per month. He did not seem much, but I realized that if I could increase by 20% each month more than a year, I could be winner $89.16 per month at the end of 12 months.

This is not always a massive amount (as a time part-time jobs in those days, perhaps), it the calculations on the growth of 20% each month for a further period of 12 months, and at the end of this period, you are winning $794.96 per month.

The fact for a further period of 12 months, and you're up to more than $7000 per month.

Make the same calculations on the growth of 30% and after three years, you are winning on six figures per month.

I can only really speak for myself, but this approach certainly worked for me – especially at the beginning of my blog.

Every month, my goal was to see increases in my traffic and income. I was never really had a specific monthly goal, but in the back of my mind, I looked at still at least 10% growth as a bare minimum - even if I were to much higher.

A few months I've scraped at the level of 10%, while the other months, it would be much higher - a few months from the beginning saw my revenue jump more than 100% in a month!

Of course, also a few months when things turn pear-shaped and for one reason or another traffic and revenue fell. The key in these months was not renounce to-to keep to get things to where they were previously.

Today, things are a little different. After several years of blogging, this kind of growth can become more difficult from month to month. I am always aimed at the growth of each month, but the nature of blogging, my income is high down what products are launched and that we are promoting.

Having said that, over time my goal is always sustained growth. I am just seeks less to numbers by month and focusing on the results quarter by quarter and in the same year by year to see the growth of this upward trend.

How address set goals with your blog? You are looking for specific amounts of traffic and or income, or approaching another way?

0 коммент.:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More