Friday, August 19, 2011

How offline Promotion landed 300 new Blog visitors

I have been blogging for six short months and I miss.


I still love writing new content, but as many of you, I spent countless hours so a comment, tweeting and beggar of backlinks that I am all just too bored to keep it up.


What makes the situation is worse that I spent months establish me as a single mark in my niche, and yet I have been using all the same as my competitors marketing strategies. My marketing is the first impression I give potential readers and re-using old strategies, I leave readers with the impression that I was just an another personal finance blog. Of course, traffic has increased, slow and steady, but I decided that I needed to do something different this summer. not only to push the site faster, but to make better marketing for myself.


My first trip was in offline mode. Out connection is a scary place, but happens to millions of people who have never heard of my blog. And this is the kind of people who are not trolling threads and comment boards as the rest of us. I wanted to join them and I was convinced that once they found me, I could hook em.


I even read in an article by ProBlogger that when advertising online, you should not necessarily send people to your home page. On the contrary, you should sent to a page deep within your blog. I decided to run with these tips and apply it to my endeavor offline. Instead of promoting my blog as a whole, I selected a popular article my site entitled, "I me paid to purchase beer," bought the domain iGetFreeBeer.com and permanently redirected the domain to the article hosted on my blog.


Maybe it wasn't quite what Darren had in mind when he shared this view, but what the heck?


He had all the makings of a viral ready to go page offline:

A rather juvenile web address. Article check.an which represented many of my blog. Check.and, well... free beer. Check.

My hope is that some of the new visitors would be that what they saw in the article and explore the rest of blog. The disadvantage of promoting a separate web address, it was that we would not promote our real brand or Web site. However, I was hoping that the novelty of "free beer" would be successfully launch our site regularly to fame, or at least, bring world peace.


Naturally, this type of article and domain address was perfect on the market for the under-30 demographic. Promote the new domain, we had simple fact stickers and hired student loans College of Craigslist.com and Fiverr.com to erect the stickers on their campus, the apartments and summonses.


Altogether, we spent approximately $120. The impression we cost $45 to 250 stickers. And five students were paid $15 each to put in place of 50 stickers in their cities.


The campaign is in its second week, and we've already had more than 300 new visitors come from our stickers. $ 0.40 Per visit, our fees are certainly cheaper than AdWords campaign, and there is no saying how many more visitors we will get in the coming weeks.


It is also easy to follow our campaign using Google Analytics, because visitors appear as a "referring site". In addition, using advanced options, we can look at cities of our visitors to see if the word-of-mouth was found we readers in locations other than those that we targeted with our stickers.


Start ways that you can promote your site that you have not seen done brainstorming. Get crazy. Have fun with it.


Maybe you could make a video of yourself decking and display on Youtube? Perhaps you could give free lemonade on the beach and put the logo of your blog on the Cup? What is faint circulars to the farmer's market?


The strategy you choose will depend in large part the niche of your site, but if you want to be different, then everyone, you will have to start thinking differently about your marketing.


Have you ever completed marketing offline - or does something completely outside the box? Tell us how you have sent in comments.

0 коммент.:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More