Wednesday, August 31, 2011

How write 'Off Topic posts' without losing Focus on your Blog

Being a blogger warned, you understand the importance of having a targeted blog. You ensure that what you write is relevant and specific to your target market. You do post content that can dilute the focus of your site.


Yet, you still like writing on other subjects, including subjects that are linked to your global market, but are not specific to your niche.


Then, how can you continue to write on these subjects without losing focus on your blog?


This was my dilemma. I love writing about the psychology of the consumer and wanted to keep my blog, age of marketing.com, the behaviour of the buyer. But I also enjoyed writing on other topics such as blogging tips, entrepreneurship and personal success.
What was I to do?


The response has been to think outside the box, or in this case, outside of my blog.


The response


Just because the entrepreneurial spirit was not the subject of my blog does not mean that it was not the subject of another blog, such as Business Insider. Just because blogging advice were not the focus of my blog does not mean that they were not perfect for ProBlogger or daily Blog Tips.


Turned out to be not only I could continue writing on other subjects, I could transform into a strategy of generation of powerful traffic to my blog.


Here is how I benefited to write off-topic messages and their publication on other blogs:

Kept my concentrated blog: I could always keep my blog focused on psychology and behaviour of consumers buyer. Expanded the number of subjects I could write about: it is easier to find ideas for post when you have subjects choose. Mocked blogging: they say a change is as good as a holiday. While I loved writing about the psychology of the consumer, it was fun to write about other topics as well. Built traffic and back links: traffic of guest posting is the highest converting traffic (in terms of opt-ins blog) I never have on my blog.

What this is and is not to say


Now, this is not your ticket to the drafting and presentation generic, invited to half-arsed posts other bloggers. Is not an excuse to stop writing for your own blog.
This means simply that the next time you see an idea brilliant post which is not directly related to your niche, then go ahead and write it. Or if you start to feel flawed and need a break, take the time out of your blog and write for another blog. Build you traffic, back-links and recharge your batteries at the same time.

0 коммент.:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More