Tuesday, August 23, 2011

7 Lessons I learned beginning with blogs

Six months earlier, I was frustrated with my blog. I felt trapped and blocked. I had written on it for almost five years and built a low, but stable, the traffic flow.


But there is a problem: it was not growing.


And I was tired to try.


My blog had reached the dreaded plateau.


I therefore decided to leave. Despite my better judgment, I chose to start over to start a blog brand-new. It was hard and frightening leaving something which developed so long to build, but I had to face the facts: my blog would be epic. He was not going to be extraordinary. And I wanted to be.


So I threw the sponge.



"Persistent people are able to view the idea of light at the end of the tunnel, when the other may not see." At the same time, more intelligent people are realistic to imagine the light when it is not. »


-Seth Godin, the Dip.


We have wrong vilify quit smoking. We believe ridiculous as, adages "quitters never win…" "And yet, the most successful people smoking serial. They are relentless experimenters, trying to find something that they can champion. They cancel all the rest, except as a particular case.


I knew that my blog was not led anywhere. It was time for a change. Without knowing what I was doing, I quit. As it upset me, I started on.


And in six months, I quadrupled the amount of traffic, it took me five years to build.


In the last six months, I have learned some valuable lessons on blogs and why to quit smoking is sometimes necessary for a breakthrough.


They are as follows:


It is never too early for the position of the guest. If you have a few posts on your blog, I will begin offering write for other blogs now.


Start small, but your way of working quickly. Give your best content and you will earn quickly new readers - in much less time to concentrate solely on your own site.


I was a good writer, and I thought that had made an excellent blogger. I myself have compared secretly to other bloggers who were worst writers than me, and I in enviously their traffic and engagement.


But to be honest, I didn't know the first thing about blogging.


If I start to explore some of the masters (e.g. Seth Godin, Chris Brogan, Copyblogger, Problogger, Zen habits and others) and emulated their practices. I realized that the quality of the content was a common denominator.


Instead of spending twenty minutes on a pole, frantically try to simply publish something, I started putting in time to create content, that I could be proud.


If content is King, the design is the clothing of her Majesty. No one wants to watch a poorly dressed sovereign. People perceive what you write through the lens of the appearance of your Web site.


Design can make or break your content.


Choose a premium WordPress theme or to invest in a good designer can go very far. These days, quality not cost much.


I changed domains, branding and platforms just make a new start.


Accordingly, I woke every morning excited to write. With my old blog, I often dreaded it. Not so this time.


I treasured my new blog. It was inspired by fresh ideas. It stimulated my creativity and innovation. It made me more daring and more imagination. There is a natural something momentum again. You can use this to your blog to new heights.


I was an arrogant blogger. Any time someone would challenge me, I with vehemence would defend my argument, denigrate the comments.


However, people like Darren, I learned that it was good to learn that you are going. You must be a guru of the snapshot. It was a little refreshing for me.


In fact, I learned that most people prefer to be part of the community in which they are invited in a shared learning experience, not a didactic monologue.


When I realized that blogs has been primarily on others (and), everything changed. First, it has been a success to my ego, but eventually, I learned to embrace the opportunity.


I stopped to go to the Centre of attention and instead tried to make my readers the impression that they have been heard and served.


Now, my blog is to help others, not brilliant not getting pats on the back to be a writer.


My old blog was not a theme or a voice or a any central idea. It was just a mish-mash of random thoughts.


Daily, I struggled with what we need to write on the subject. I also struggled to maintain a dedicated readership.


Focusing on a particular topic, I am able to deliver content that already has a niche integrated, ready to listen to more systematically.


The last six months have been amazing. I am to where I left with my old blog, four times.


All the because I chose to leave.


If you feel stuck with your blog, it may be time to start over. My journey is not a formula, but it is not a bad starting point. Following these seven steps will allow you to start on the right track - they will help you to develop the momentum, you have to go to a new level.


It won't be easy, and you need to hustle. But it is feasible. And is worth.


Have you thought to start over with a new blog, but not sure if you should make the big leap? Perhaps is it time.

0 коммент.:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More