Monday, July 25, 2011

How to turn the traffic on your Blog in money

Over the past three years as an online editor, my business has undergone a complete transformation in its approach.

While I've already slapped a code for a couple of ad networks in models of my blogs and relied on people clicking on those ads to generate income, I have focused my energy to create my own products (largely ebooks) to sell more.

The change of approach has been gradual and there a lot of work, but the results were worth. Last week, the total of the ebooks we sold moved past 62 000 units, with a combined revenue of approximately $ 1.1 million (note: this is not all the benefits).

Several factors have contributed to these results, but that I recently put an emphasis on more and more is that of "landing pages".

A landing page is a page on your site to which direct you traffic to convert those who land on it to take a specific action. This action can be many things, but may include:

convince your reader to purchase your ebook (or any other product) get your reader to consent to your advertisers to listconvince of the newsletter email to advertising on your blogconvince your player to buy a product affiliated that you promotingwelcome any person arriving from a social media account and convince them to follow youintroduce your blog and give new players a tour of content that is particularly relevant for people themthank for if abonneret encouraged to confirm their consent to your list.

The list could go on and on, but the common thing is that these are pages that you drive traffic, and on which you call readers to take a specific action.

Landing pages have been key in my own approach. I used the in all these means, however, using them as sales pages were the most effective tactic in the sale of electronic books.

One of progressions key in my own use of landing pages was to transition from the use of the default layout in my theme WordPress, use specially designed landing pages.

Previously, I used the default page that came with the theme used my blog. As a result, landing pages appeared substantially the same as any other page on my blog. The result was good, but not much.

The problem I was that readers have not only a call to action to buy my ebook, but also many distractions in my sidebars and areas of navigation (calls to subscribe, advertising, calls to visit other parts of the site, etc.).

Readers were distracted by the main call to action on the page - to buy my ebook. A change in approach was needed, so we designed a landing page that had a single objective and a call to action only.

You can see an example of this page on our most recent product page at digital photography school - Going Pro (an ebook to help fans of photography to make money from their photography).

While the page is consistent with the design our theme of normal dPS (color and branding), he is not one of the distracting elements of a normal page on the site.

There is no normal navigation to other parts of the site in the header area, and there is no sidebar. Everyone can do when they arrive is to read on the product - there is no other option to click or read.

When we changed to use the pages by default to a page of landing specifically designed for the sale of our ebooks, we saw a significant jump in conversions. I do not have precise figures, but it was of the order of 30-40% increase - which in time has lead us to several thousands of dollars in additional revenue.

These landing pages were something, I knew that I should Institute for a long time before I have done in reality. The reason why it took me so long was simply that, as a technologically challenged blogger, I constantly put it in the "too hard basket". In the end just me it when we redesigned the blogs and I have had my designer to create a model specifically for employment. It was a couple of years and approximately a year after that I should have done.

Because of the inertia, I lost substantial sales, and I still kick myself that regularly. It was two years ago - today it would have been much less difficult.

Earlier this year, published Copyblogger team for WordPress software which is all about creating landing pages that convert - he called the premise.

I can say that if I had this plugin when I started to sell my eBooks, my sales numbers would have been much higher. It takes the "too hard" part of landing pages and it completely eliminates.

The idea with the premise, is that instead of having to have a designer to create a template specifically for each type of page of your blog (or having to learn how to do it yourself), this plugin helps you to create those landing pages yourself.

Premise focuses on three areas:

Creating pages: they allow you to choose from seven types of establishment of the styles of page and then add graphics and copy their to create congestion and beautifully designed pages.Creating compelling copy: the design of your page is one thing, but the real magic happens in the copy you create for the page to convince readers to take the steps that you are suggesting. Premise provides advice on how to design the type of destination that you create, right page in the WordPress interface. You also have access to some writing seminars major (don't forget it's Copyblogger - the masters of the creation of compelling content and copy).Optimization: improve your search rankings and conversion rates with more tools and tips, including easy separation tests and the characteristics of the SEO.

One of the most amazing features of premise is the graphic library. You could easily pay more than the cost of the premise for a set of graphs like that, and it ensures that each landing page you create is unique.

Discover the premise for yourself. Just as I learned, the extra income that you earn quality landing pages will be premise pay itself several times in the course.

0 коммент.:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More