Friday, July 29, 2011

Focus - the second key to success

Today, I want to talk about the discussion. If you have not read the post on the keys to success, you can do so here. I list to focus the second key to success.
Focus must be one of the most difficult things, there is. This is something that we ourselves form. And several times throughout the day, we are lost from view.
Your work time "soliloquy" never going to like that?

"OK, I have to focus on getting this article written." Well, first of all I think I'll check my email. It may be something important. »
Fifteen minutes later…
"Okay, back to work." I write this article. OH wait, I have to check Twitter and Facebook and get from the road, so it does distract me thinking of them. »
Another fifteen minutes later…
"I really am going to focus now." I must get this fact. But first… "(the gap)
You see the pattern here? These fast checks often take pieces of 15 minutes of our time. Sometimes, we are all guilty of this.
As I mentioned in the main article, Bob Proctor describes accent as "conscious intensity." Aware simply means "fully aware". The intensity is defined as:

1. the quality or State of be intense; : especially extreme degree of force, force, energy or feeling
2. the magnitude of a quantity (such as force or energy) per unit (from the zone, charge, mass, or time)
Basically, this is to be fully aware of the magnitude of the energy that you use to work on a project.
To focus intensely on something, you should be aware, be in the here and now and know what it is you want to accomplish. Your mind must be "fixed" on the situation or task and you have to put all your energy.
Focus can be extremely difficult. I'll be honest; It is one of my biggest problems. I have as the next guy or gal "shiny object syndrome." I discovered things that help me to remain focused. I have mentioned in other posts, but they are treasures and mention again.
The first is Cool timer. It's a bit of cheese, but it is small, simple and easy to use. If I don't use a timer, I think me the need to check email, Twitter, Facebook and all the rest. In a sense, this force to focus me because I know that I am running the clock trying to get something done.
Another excellent product is called Chrometa. It will track everything you do. If you open a browser or e-mail or any other program window, it registers with a timestamp and also records the amount of time that you are actively in the program you opened. Sharon Hurley Hall wrote a great review on this subject, which is why I decided to do a test. You can read this post here.
More and more and the maintenance of the discussion can be a struggle, but if you use productivity tools, timers and time trackers, it can really help you to remain focused on the work. Trick, I need to use another (and I hate to admit) I write at the top of my daily planner, "charge Timer."  If I do put it on my list of daily tasks, I do. I also have to do in red ink so I know it's important.
It takes a few tips to keep the discussion. You have all you want to share? We would like to hear about them.

0 коммент.:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More