Saturday, September 3, 2011

Blogs at home? Fight the lethargy with a solid morning Routine

For those of you who work at home, lethargy may be your greatest opponent. It is not always easy to get your head in the game when you are sitting on your couch in your tighty-whities eating fruity pebbles Bowl. But be not so quick to blame the pebbles fruity - fruity pebbles are delicious. The problem is something psychologists call languid Syndrome of costume.


All rights, I made up that. Jokes side, the truth is that I see no good research on the positive effects of clothing business (please let me know in the comments if you can track down some relevant studies). What I can give you, is my personal experience.


I have recently graduated college, where I studied, among other things, pre - law. Currently, I spend most of my time to write for my blog and the preparation for my Law School Admission Test (LSAT). You get, and you would be wrong, I do all this in the comfort of my home.


Sometimes a little too comfortably.


I found it difficult to get out of bed roll, switch on the tube and hammer some advanced linear logic games. Here are my new and improved routine in the morning:

Get up to 9: 00 a.m., to take my Macbook and analysis of RSS. Send intriguing articles to Instapaper to read more later.My morning coffee brewing. To begin to realize the breakfast.Struck A the gym at least a hourShower around noon and get dressed - this button-up shirt, tucked means jeans, sleeves rolled up, tie optional (half-Windsor).Sit at my enormous Office and turn on a classical music: it's time for the company.

Now, of course, you must find a morning routine that works for you. What is important is that develop you a routine and make it a habit. The same way that hit the pillow signals to your brain that it is time to go to sleep, make a habit to get dressed in the morning, even when you do not have to go, signals in your brain that it is time to seriously.


I heard a story of a man who get up every morning, put on a combination and link, leave the House, get in his car, walk around the block and come back home to the "work." A day at work was completed, he would pack up his things, come back in his car, walk around the block once more and return "home". Perhaps, this is an extreme example of the failure of the day between work and play, however, it is not quite absurd. Assuming that this man actually exists, he found a routine that works well for its needs.


So try this. Out a pad and paper and dash off a routine morning for yourself. Specify time for each task and stick to them as much as you can.


Do not overload yourself - start small, otherwise you can never make a habit of such a calendar difficult. My routine is just waking up, breakfast, go to the gym room and a shower. Easy stuff, but it makes all the difference. Oh, and it is wonderfully rewarding the day where I loosen my necktie, deboutonner my necklace, relax and relax.

0 коммент.:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More