Saturday, September 3, 2011

Blogging for the greater good

My most popular blog blog has collected more than 500 comments. I asked my readers to leave a comment about their adopted animal. For each comment, a major manufacturer of pet food donated 25 bowls of food at a local animal shelter.

For those of you who volunteer at shelters for animals, you know how hungry shelters can be for food and other supplies. My readers to take action is the objective behind my blog, Pet News and Views. I want my readers to care about animals as I do - and they do!

If more blogs on pet care, pets travel and other pet lifestyle and issues related to wildlife, I focus on the positive side of animal welfare. Written about people who work with and on behalf of animals is my passion. Seek to heroes and to my readers.


The couple in California that rescues dogs hoarders, the 15 year girl who leads his own animal shelter, the organization that contributed to farm a large number of greyhound race tracks, and many others still is the subjects of my posts.


I asked my readers to communicate with the State legislators asking them to support or to vote against specific bills. A Bill before the Nevada Senate, denying water to wild wild horses and burros attracted thousands of action. In addition to the cover on my blog, others displayed calls to action on their blogs and on their Facebook pages. We asked our readers to send letters of the tourism office of Nevada and Senators declaring that we boycott the State if the Bill to deny water to horses was passed.


As soon as we have learned that the Bill was defeated, we asked our readers to send thank you notes. The power of the constantly surprising blogs.


A call to action gives readers a chance to flex their voice and make a difference. I receive many mails "thank you" for readers who are happy to launch.


I focus on the positive side of animal welfare. If I posted constantly all the negative stories, I would be able to operate - and readers would stay away. Thus, by my hero and interest report that they are, readers are drawn in.


I contacted most of public relations and the departments of media of animal organizations without profit to the ideas and people to profile. Find information - usually a release - and the names and numbers so that I can conduct an interview of contact. I am sure that many of you can do the same. Many non-profit organizations have important stories that are often overlooked by mainstream media. Just ask, and I am sure that you will receive a welcome cocktail. Zut, they put you on their list of press and you invite to their events.


My favourite stories are ordinary people who make a difference, recently started covering celebrities. I look not to watch television. I do not read people, Us Weekly or gossip blogs. I have never supported the lives of celebrities, but I'm starting to publish on those who use their celebrity to help animals. These stories have a Google higher ranking than my non-celebrite stories.


If I were to write about their personal life, I would not get a response. However, when I ask a representative of the media, if I question their clients on a specific cause that the client is involved with, I get almost always "Yes".


Do a search in Google and enter the name of the celebrity, followed by the word "causes". See the cause and if it is a match for your blog, please contact the nonprofit. For example, Reese Witherspoon voluntary on behalf of the Fund for the defence of children and other non-profit organizations concerning children. Obviously, it is not a fit for my blog. But if you are a MOM blogger, it is a good candidate.


I have written extensively on Farm Sanctuary; It is one of my favorite non-profit organizations, and they make a lot of references to the celebrity. With my connections in the shelter of the farm, I was able to publish stories about Emily Deschanel of the bones of the hit series and Wendie Malick of Hot in Cleveland. I also show a story about Jackie Chan, who leads volunteers for several wild species. His fame got me - I was starstruck!


Focusing on the property that is celebrity, I get promote a cause that is also important to me. In addition, I get to interview someone who will be raising my blog numbers. Even the count of B-list celebrities! Some musicians have their own following, and when I post the story of a group and they let their followers know - this leads to more traffic on my blog.


And as a bonus, the staff of the nonprofit organizations that I cover is regular readers of my blog. My biggest thrill has been reported on the Born Free Foundation, and the Director left a comment.


A friend told me not to worry my numbers, but worry about who is reading and commenting on. Pets News and Views is a niche blog. It covers people who have pets and working with farm animals and wildlife. I am reaching my peeps - I am truly synchronized with people.


My advertisers know that too. I recently said an advertiser of the United Kingdom that, while I have readers in the United Kingdom (and I want to), the majority of my readers is States. His company sells products for pet animals to the United Kingdom, and I thought, that it is better to find a blog with a readership larger of U.K.. He said that he wanted to advertise on my blog because readers really care about the topics and appear to play an active role.


So which brings me to blogging for a cause and know my audience. They are concerned about the same issues that I am. And for this, I feel lucky.

0 коммент.:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More